Money to help with expenses during an emergency


Our Newham Money Emergency Support

Emergency Support

Help in a crisis. Our Newham Money Emergency Support can help with expenses in an emergency or if you are vulnerable and experiencing severe hardship. If you have an extreme emergency and there is no other way for you to get help, you may be offered Our Newham Money Emergency Support.

  • Crisis Support
  • Community Support

Emergency Support


Community Support

You may be able to get Community Support for basic necessities such as furniture and white goods and clothing if you are leaving institutional care or being resettled, or if you are looking after someone.

Crisis Support

You may be able to get Crisis Support if you are going through a disaster or an emergency and getting the support is the only way to stop the situation causing harm to you or someone in your household. Support will help to pay for food, fuel, and other basic living expenses.

You can apply if you:

  • Are aged 18 or over
  • Are receiving a qualifying benefit such as Jobseeker's Allowance, Employment & Support Allowance, Income Support, Pension Credit or Housing Benefit
  • Have lived in Newham for at least six months (for crisis support) or 12 months (for community support)
  • Do not have savings you can use to cover the emergency

Please note that the Our Newham Money Emergency Support is discretionary, which means that you do not have a legal right to receive one. If you are in extreme need but are not sure if you qualify for Emergency Support, contact us for advice.

We do not give out cash. Instead, we help you directly with your needs. For example, if you need help with fuel costs, we would give you a voucher that can only be used for fuel.

Click here for a full list of qualifying criteria

How we use your personal information?

Information which you provide or which we obtain through your dealings with us will be held securely with Our Newham Money. We will use your information as applicable and this may include:

  • Keep in contact with you and provide you with the best service you deserve
  • Our Newham Money may pass your personal data to Newham Council other departments, internal agencies & systems, London Community Credit Union (LCCU)
  • Debt counselling or other specialist service providers if needed
  • The Department for Work and Pensions or HM Revenue and Customs
  • Data Processors who act on our behalf
  • We retain personal information for as long as is necessary
  • To find out more about how we process personal information, please read our Privacy & Data Processing Notice

By submitting a loan application, you are giving your consent/agreeing to your personal information being used in this way.