Our Newham Money Helper Loan
A little help for Newham residents this festive season
Our Newham Money Helper Loan offers a cheaper alternative to High cost loans.
Getting a loan through Our Newham Money is easier, quicker and cheaper than you think.
Helping residents spread the extra cost leading up to the festive season
Up to £300 (26.8% APR ) repayable over a maximum period of 6 months
Loan applications received after 21st Dec will be processed when Our Newham Money reopens on 4th January 2021.
*Terms and conditions apply, this loan calculator is to be used as a rough guide only, not a factual representation. Please consult a specialist to learn more.
Who can apply for a moneyworks helper loan?
You need to be:
- A Newham resident
- Aged 18+
Our Newham Money Helper Loan is provided by London Community Credit Union (LCCU), a lender you can trust.
Our Newham Money loans through London Community Credit Union are much cheaper than many other providers.
When you become a member of LCCU, you'll have new saving accounts including Festive savings account so you can prepare by saving a little each month for next festive season.
There are lots of other member benefits with Our Newham Money LCCU loans, such as Free Loan Protection Insurance, negotiable repayment terms and interest on the reducing balance of your loan.
This means your interest repayments will get smaller as your loan is reduced. LCCU will also work to help you if your circumstances change, and your loan will be totally written off if you die.
Things you’ll need…
To apply for a loan online, or in store, you'll need the following:
- Proof of identification e.g. a passport or driving licence
- Proof of address e.g. a recent utility bill, rent book, council tax letter or mortgage statement
- Proof of national insurance number e.g. wage slip or benefits letter
- Last three months bank statements for ALL bank accounts held
- Last three months payslips (even if paid weekly or fortnightly)
- Proof of any other income (e.g. benefit award letters)
- Current statements for all of the following if you have them: loans / mortgage / credit cards / catalogues / other debts / borrowings
If you need support or help scanning in your documents you can contact us to book an appointment with an adviser.
* By undertaking this application you agree that your information will be shared between the London Borough of Newham and London Community Credit Union. For more information about data sharing click here.
How we use your personal information?
Information which you provide or which we obtain through your dealings with us will be held securely with Newham Our Newham Money. We will use your information as applicable and this may include:
- Keep in contact with you and provide you with the best service you deserve
- Our Newham Money may pass your personal data to Newham Council other departments, internal agencies & systems, London Community Credit Union (LCCU)
- Debt counselling or other specialist service providers if needed
- The Department for Work and Pensions or HM Revenue and Customs
- Data Processors who act on our behalf
- We retain personal information for as long as is necessary
- To find out more about how we process personal information, please read our Privacy & Data Processing Notice
By submitting a loan application, you are giving your consent/agreeing to your personal information being used in this way.
We work in partnership with London Community Credit Union (LCCU) to offer residents better deals on financial products as well as help with debts and money management.